Friday, August 21, 2009

A whole new world

This post is dedicated to the children of Attilka Bibliotecas Populares, who have showed me today what really counts in life. I have never been that happy in work before, and have never received so much love, trust and gratitude from the very first moment on of meeting someone.

Attilka Bibliotecas Populares are very small, extremely spartanic styled public libraries in the barrios of Cochabamba, where only one volunteer works as librarian. Young children, from 7 to 11 go there in the afternoon for workshops with volunteers who help them read and write, and then spend some time playing with them. I have never worked at a place before where I felt that my work made a bigger impact, and I am looking forward to going back next Friday afternoon for the weekly workshop.

Also, I am waiting to hear from Infante, a NGO dedicated to defending womens and childrens rights, where I hope to work full time soon. Cross fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment