Friday, August 28, 2009

Somos "La Mancha"!


This afternoon I had my first self-led workshop at the Attilka library. And how could it be different- I got lost on the way :p However, I managed to arrive, an hour late, but anyhow, people just started to show up. It was only three children for the reading workshop today, since all the boys just arrived when playtime was about to start.. I wonder why :p

We worked with the spanish fairytale "Las dos hadas", which is a story about self acceptance and overcoming shyness. We also created our first wall decoration, a collection of paper flowers with our names and birthdates on it, to create a better identification of the children with the library community. They loved it! Here are some pictures to illustrate this afternoon.


I really liked working with them.. Sociology, Pedagogy or Education would have been something Id have enjoyed studying too, I think. This, btw, is Jacqueline and her brother Luiz, who was here for the first time today. Jaqueline has been coming to the workshop last week, and she has been extremely shy, to a point where I wasnt even sure if she actually KNEW how to read and write. But it seems she overcame her initial shyness, since today she was extremely cute and opened up way more.


This is me with little Yessena. It breaks my heart how lovely and caring this girl is, and how much attention and care she needs. She told me her parents dont get her anything for christmas, and for her birthday, she got 20 Bolivianos. This is about three dollars, or not even two Euros. Sad world.


Fabio and his friend doing Michael Jackson.



Finally another group picture with the finished wallpaper. Next week we'll be working on "El gato con botas", or "Der gestiefelte Kater". Oh and tomorrow I'll be going to a capacitation workshop with the kids of the library.. getting up at 7 am on a saturday, eep! :s
Also, I have an interview with the director of INFANTE next week, and they have accepted me as an intern. We will be discussing the projects I will be involved in on tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. Huhuu, huhuuuu... schon wieder so ein schöner Bericht UND so viele schöne neue Fotos.. wie gut, dass wir eine Cam gekauft hatten!! Jeden Morgen bin ich gespannt, ob es was Neues aus Cochabamba gibt..

    Finde ich toll, dass Dir die Arbeit mit den Kindern so viel Freude macht. Ich denke, dass manche von ihnen keinen so hohen Stellenwert in ihren Familien haben, das können WIR so gar nicht nachvollziehen... obwohl, wenn man an die vielen gefundenen toten Babies im Müll denkt... :-(( Hoffentlich freuen sich alle über die Sachen, die ich schicken werde. Du hast ja jetzt doch noch eine lange Zeit vor Dir, da bin ich gespannt, wie weit Du in alles noch involviert werden wirst... sehr spannend!

    Bussiiii Maam

    ReplyDelete